I spent the weekend at the airport working on painting the walls and just organizing things so that I can put the 9A in there when it gets home in a couple of weeks (hopefully!). I have been getting so much help from Harry that today I finally got a chance to give back a little. Harry has been wanting to weigh both of his airplanes for a while now and today we got a chance to make that happen. No pictures but I learned a little about how the chapter scales work.
|One more time...this is what it looked like when I started this project.
|Here is what it looked like on Saturday evening. Look at all the garbage on the floor to the left of the picture.
|And here is what it looks like as of tonight. Still lots of organizing to do but at least I will be able to get the airplane back in here. Harry let me borrow him and his truck to take the pile of garbage to the dump.
|skins are back in the cradle and I am ready to start riveting the nose ribs in place.
|I took this picture because I am very happy with how the nose rib rivets turned out. there is very little if any distortion of the skin, just smooth flush rivets.