This week Amy came home so I spent a little less time in the garage and a little more time with her. Not too many pictures this week because I've been doing a lot of main wing spar and related parts prep. This means lots of deburring, countersinking, priming, and many other un-picture friendly tasks. I did try something new this week though. I have to prime the large countersunk holes in the main spar to protect the freshly cut aluminum. Rather than try to brush or spray with my regular priming tools I decided to try a detail air brush. I was amazed at how nicely this works for small spot priming tasks. I used very little primer and got a nice thin layer of primer on each hole.
I managed to get all 30 wing ribs prep'd for primer this weekend. Drilling, deburring, edge straightening and scuffing...long weekend. I only got half the ribs primed Sunday evening so I will have to have at least one or two more priming sessions before I can move on to the wing skins.
|This is a picture of the primed countersunk holes where I used the air brush. You can see the nice even spray pattern around the hole.|
|Using the de-burring wheel on my p-grinder to clean up some edges and holes. There are 30 of these little devils to work on. These ribs alone took most of the weekend.|
|Using the tool I built last year to true up the edges to 90 degrees. |
|A few of the ribs ready for some touch up priming.|