I ran out of some of the wire I needed and it has been really nice out lately so I moved my work efforts back out into the garage. I've been busy installing the windshield using the Silpruf method along the top and side edges and then using the traditional fiberglass fairing on the front. I know I've mentioned it in the past but I really like the Silpruf method. The install looks so darn professional!
|I didn't add a bunch of pictures of the process since I have already documented that pretty completely. Here is a picture of the windshield after the Silpruf install.|
|It looks like carbon fiber but its not. This is several layers of regular fiberglass that has been tinted black. This allows the inside view to be a consistent black trim all around the windshield. |
|Right side with fiberglass layers.|
|After a little epoxy with micro balloons and some sanding... ok, lots of sanding.|
|Final sanding complete. Now all I have to do is remove the orange tape and wait for paint day.|
|I moved the primary voltage regulator from behind the sub panel in the middle bay to this location. I was looking in this access hole recently and realized I had the perfect location to install the voltage regulator right here. Easy access for future maintenance.|