First I have to follow up on my "issue" from Thursday. So in the post I mentioned that it was going to set me back "hours" or possibly "days". Well fortunately it was only hours. I was able to separate the cowling halves with just a little extra "force". We are now back on track!
|The 'glass has been laid in this picture. Now its a matter of fill and sand, followed by more fill and sand...|
|After a little sanding the transition from the skin to the windshield is looking good on the forward edges.|
|If you look closely at the spaces between the inlets in the middle of this picture you can see where I laid several layers of fiberglass to form the flange for the front of the cowling.|
|Hanging the cowling so the fiberglass can set up on the inlet rings.|
|A bit hard to see but the white section is my new inlet ring grooved seat. There is one very similar on the bottom cowl and when the two are mated it creates a very nice and secure mount for the inlets.|
|Sanded and ready for more work.|
|So I got the back part of the baffling installed temporarily. Then I set the James air plenum on the engine to see how much work it will require...Lets just say I have my work cut out for me.... Fit is not good.|