I didn't take any pictures but I finished up the roll trim servo mount. This was a necessity so I could install the seat pans and move on to the aux electric fuel pump mounting. I ran into an issue here that I will have to remedy. This fuel pump has turned out to be a bit of a bugger...I may have to go back to doing it the way Jeff did and use the standard Vans kit and cover.
I also put the final bead of Sikaflex on my canopy. This bead was main to fill the spaces where I had the rubber spacers holding the canopy away from the frame. Sikaflex requires a small gap of about an eighth of an inch to have maximum strength so the spacers were necessary. I wish I could say that the final bead was perfect but even after repeated attempts there were areas that I just could not get smooth. I still think it turned out great! Amy and I put the canopy back on the airplane this morning and I am still amazed at how well it fits. When I get back it will be time to finish up the canopy by installing the handle, fabricating the skirts and screwing the slider tracks down.
Finally I got my seat belts installed and "tested".
|The beginning of the famous "RV Grin"
|You can see in this picture that the inside corner will need some work to make it look better. The rest of the stuff looks ok.
|And as a parting gift to myself I am adding this last "as it sits now" picture. By the way, for those of you that may not know the canopy looks all cracked up and messy because I have the protective plastic still attached to the outside of the glass.