The final item I wanted to share this weekend was the work on the airplane. Most of the work was done today and last Thursday but I am happy to report that with the excellent help of Mariah The leading edges of both wings are almost complete. Mariah and I managed to rivet up the outboard leading edges today (a 11 hour day of work I might add). I'm beat after that much riveting but see below for the final product. The wings are starting to look like wings once again.
Oh, one more thing before the pictures...the right fuel tank passed the leak test!!!!!! I didn't have any leaks!!! That's exciting!!! (hence the excess exclamation points) I can't tell you how happy I am to be past that particular step in the build process. And to have it complete without added work of finding and sealing leaks is a bonus. Almost like I won the builders lottery.
|Left wing top side|
|Left wing bottom side.|
|Both wings top side.|
|Right wing bottom side.|