Sunday, May 13, 2018

Las Vegas Baby

Yep, I spent a few days in Vegas this past week.  Thats nothing special until you learn that I flew my 9A down for the trip!  I rarely get to use my airplane for work related travel but at times like this its just plain fun.  No worries about what time the flight is, how long the line at security is, overhead baggage space, noisy kids/other...I could go on...

Since its been a couple of weeks since my last post I guess I have to say something about the 10 build so I will say this...I finished the bottom skins....finally.  I have prepped most of the aileron parts and its almost time to start some riveting.  No pictures of the ailerons this time since its just more of the same thing.

On a related note now that the temps are starting to rise I have to pay attention to the oil temperature on the 9A.  Well I am bound and determined to resolve that issue so I ordered a larger oil cooler (15 row).  I am also reworking the plenum to allow the cooling air to be taken from a higher/cooler point on the back baffle.  I will have pictures of that process later but I did post a picture or two of the current configuration.

This is one of the many pictures I took while riveting the bottom skins on to make sure I had properly set all rivets.

And here is the finished product.  The left wing bottom skin is riveted in place.

This is a picture of the 9A oil cooling solution.  You can see the duct that I 3D printed and will cover in fiberglass once I know its the correct dimensions.  On the upper left side of the picture you can see the 4" outlet that I clamp the 4" ducting to on the back baffle.  This is the outlet that I am moving.

Here is a picture of the inside of that same outlet.  The final location will be up and to the left.  I had to replace the entire baffle panel but you will see that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment