The endless list of tasks to be completed got a little shorter this past couple of weeks. Some of the big items included mounting both wings, setting the incidence, fitting the wing root fairings, a little finish wiring, and fabricating the wing fuel supply and return lines. I also fabricated the fuel tank vents but added a small modification to those.
I read back through my blog from about 6 years ago when I was going through this same stage with the 9A and found that I'm actually further along now than I was when I took the 9A to the airport. I regretted taking the 9A to the airport because that meant a lot of traveling to get it ready for flight. This time I am going to have pretty much everything done that I can before it goes to the airport.
For big picture items yet to be done before we go to the airport I have the following:
- Fit the wheel pants
- Fit the interior pieces
- fit and cover the overhead panels
- several miscellaneous wiring tasks.
- hooking up the heater servo's.
- finish the interior of the cowling with some primer and heat shielding.
- Install the rubber baffling material on the baffles
- A few interior panels need to be primed and painted.
- Install seat belts
|Ben was a huge help when mounting my wings and of course it wouldn't be right if he didn't hop in and make some airplane noises. :-)|
|Finishing up the wing root connector for the left wing.|
|Ben took this picture of me working in the wing root area. Only one wing at a time would fit in the garage so we finished up this wing, then removed it, turned the airplane around, and did the left wing. Worked great.|