Monday, February 17, 2014

A little here a little there...

Tonight I spent a couple of hours in the garage and took care of a few small tasks.  Small but every one counts!

The Naca vents are glued in.  These are the air intakes for fresh air in the cockpit of the airplane.  There are two of them, one on each side.

This is the Naca vent on the inside.  Like my "clamp" job?  I used two part epoxy to glue the vents in place and the duct tape is just holding the vents in place while the epoxy sets.

I also installed the elevator control belcrank. I wanted to get this installed so that I could measure the amount of space under it for installing the ADSB and Transponder antenna's.

This little guy was the nights big project.  I had to fabricate two of these out of some heavy duty angle.  The hard part was that each of them had to have a small bend added.  If you look at the plans that the part is sitting on you can see what I have to work with.

The final task of the night included using some fire-blocking caulk to seal around the stainless steel recess.   I will rivet this in place as soon as it is cured.  The cleco's hold it in place securely while the sealant cures.

No comments:

Post a Comment