I also had some real fun today! I made my first vacuum bagged layup of carbon fiber. My epoxy pump failed in the middle of the process so my resin to hardener mix was off. We will have to see how well it came out after it hardens for a day or so....if it hardens. I learned a lot which is great, besides it was just plain fun.
A few pic's of the weeks work.
|Another picture of the wing on the airplane.|
|Here it is all stripped and ready for masking tape and plastic.|
|My makeshift paint booth for painting the interior.|
|This is my carbon fiber panel layup. At this point the vacuum has been applied for about 6 hours. I think I will let it go until bed time tonight to make sure the epoxy is as dry as its going to get.|
|Ok, one more picture of the fuselage paint after I removed the plastic and paper masking.|