This week I got a lot of time to work on the horizontal stabilizer on the 10. A few pictures below and its coming along nicely. Its much easier to do this the second time around...still very time consuming with tons of detail work, but I spend far less time standing around scratching my head wondering what something should look like.
I also got some time in the hangar today. I managed to get the drywall up on both sides of the hangar and I even put a coat of mud on the seams. Maybe next week I will be able to start doing some painting. I have the back half of the hangar to work on yet but this section alone should really help brighten things up.
Oh, one more thing. I flew with Chad and Harry down to Mulina airport for mexican food yesterday. I rode down with Chad which was great since I haven't been in his plane before. I rode back with Harry and realized its been a long time since I have flown in the rocket...nice treat. :-) By the way, the mexican restaurant had great steak Quesadilla's.
Ok, on with the show...
|Priming the spars and associated spar caps.|
|More spar parts for the horizontal stabilizer being primed.|
|Starting to cleco things together after riveting the spars together.|
|A picture of Chad landing at KPLU for our flight to Mulino Oregon.|
|Chad doing his runup as we get ready to leave Mulino|
|This is an interesting picture of Harry watching Chad as we flew in a very loose formation.|
|Another picture of Chad...this one didn't focus very well.|
|Ah. Here is Greg's airplane with its shiny new paint job! Beautiful airplane.|
|The new drywall is up on the East wall of the Hangar...|
|Drywall and mud up on the West wall. I did get the East wall taped and mudded but didn't take a picture of that.|
|And just so we can remember what it looked like just a short couple of weeks ago...|