Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It's all about induction

Hello to my avid readers...both of you (thank you my dear for reading).  :-)

These past couple of weeks I have been working away on my new induction system.  As I think I mentioned Harry tried his hand on the metal lathe and produced a very nice base for the servo.  I put a little more time...and lots of plastic into the 3D printer and I think I have finally come up with a solution that will work.  I got a chance to fly it this past weekend and there was a HUGE increase in static RPM during takeoff.  Top end is still not measured but based on what I was seeing in cruise I lost nothing and gained a lot!


Jeff joined Amy and I for a trip up to Friday Harbor a Friday or two ago.  On the way back the sun was setting and it was beautiful out so Jeff formed up on my wing for a couple of pictures.  This is the best of the lot...sure wish my camera (IPhone 7) could do this justice!

This is the base piece.  The shiny aluminum ring you see is what Harry made and the plastic ring is the mount for both the air filter and the filter shroud.

This is a view just before I put the cowl on for test runs.

Perspective is a bit off here but what you are looking at is the new induction system from under the engine looking up.

This is how it fits in the cowling...almost perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment