Sunday, August 9, 2020

Another month and a bunch of little tasks done

 This month has been full of different types of tasks.  Some of them have been "domestic" as Amy calls it (such as staining the deck and power washing the pavers), and some have been RV-10 related.

For the RV-10 I have several tasks completed and a bunch that are most of the way done.  It seems every time I go to finish a task I have to order another part to complete the job.  So here is a list of things I have done or "almost" done.  :-)

  • Installed the Comm 2 antenna in the right side windshield channel.  I will probably do another post on this task because if it works its going to be pretty cool.  Basically I used a piece of Coax, stripped back 15.25", folded the shielding wire back over the outer sleeve, and then heat shrunk the whole thing together to form a half wave antenna that was then slid up the channel I created in the windshield frame.  Don Pansier from DeltaPop aviation gave me the instructions on how to do this.  I love his antenna's but he didn't have a flexible offering so he gave me this.
  • Installed the tunnel wire hangars and tidied up the tunnel wiring.  
  • Installed the transponder antenna coax.
  • Installed Comm1 antenna coax.
  • Assembled the seats, well mostly.  I plan on fabricating and installing some shoulder harness brackets to the seats.  That is another story for another day.
  • Wired up the overhead lights.
  • Installed the rear baggage area bulkhead vent flanges.  I used a combination of epoxy and pull rivets to attach them to the aft side of the baggage area bulkhead.
  • Pressure tested the fuel system that passes through the cabin.
  • Torqued the brake line fittings.
  • Wired up the control stick grip buttons.
  • Wired up the vent fans in the glare shield skin.
  • Installed the heater hose attach bracket.  This is not in the normal Van's location due to the rudder cable arms I have in the tunnel.  The hose actually goes down below the arms and then back up over the spar.  I used this bracket to hold the hose down below the cable arms.
  • Installed the ELT wiring.
  • Tidied up a bunch of wiring runs.

Finished up the Pitch and Yaw servo wiring.

Riveted in a doubler for the Comm 1 Antenna

Installed the wing root wiring connectors for both sides.

Installed RivetNuts on both front seats for mounting of a shoulder harness bracket.  

Seats covered and ready for installation.  I didn't use any glue to hold the fabric to the foam because I may want to install seat heaters in the future.