Tonight I finally got to start working the the skins. As you can see from the picture below I put together the left horizontal stabilizer and then drilled out the holes. Then I took it all back apart and started the deburring process all over again. I have to make a comment here about the quality of these kits. Every hole is pre-drilled with an undersized bit and so far every single hole has lined up perfectly! Thats some serious CAD skill. Added 4 more hours to the total.
|looking down the center of the HS.|
|The small gap below the spar gave me pause until I realized that there will be a doubler plate installed.|
|Left HS in the jig all cleco'd up for drilling.|