This weekend was a mixed bag of work on the airplane. First Travis stopped by on Friday and we did a little more riveting on the fuselage. The progress is slow and we probably have 8 hours or so more to do but he works some late hours so our time together doesn't always match up well. Saturday I was able to seal the firewall with fireproof sealant. That allowed me to finish the assembly and prepping for rivets on the fuselage. I also managed to finish up the tail rivets by myself but that's about all I can do alone.
Sunday I spent most of the day working on a Christmas present for Amy but I did get some time later in the day to assemble my engine stand and get "big red", the engine case, mounted for assembly later on. A few pictures show the engine. Can't wait to start assembling it!