Tonight I was able to finish up the left fuel tank by installing the access plate and fuel level sending unit. After setting the left fuel tank on the wing temporarily I moved on to putting the right fuel tank together. I managed to get the surfaces all scuffed up (on purpose), cleaned with MEK, Prosealed, and cleco'd to the skin in the cradle. Using the new sides on each face of the skin made this task go much smoother than the left tank. I also used my Semco gun to apply the proseal which sped the process of considerably.
|Right fuel tank after tonights work.|
|Left fuel tank sitting on spar with access plate and fuel sender installed|
|inside of right fuel tank |
|My semco gun after using it to do right fuel tank ribs.|