Yep, today was vent running day. Actually I started out by installing the left side gear weldment (mount). This took a little time but it is not in and hopefully never coming out again. After that I started on the vent lines. These require some odd bending of the quarter inch tubing but I got both sides run. Now I have to modify the fitting that exits the forward part of the fuselage before I can call this complete. Now I am sitting here watching the Seahawks play the 49ers. Seahawks are losing right now but I am hopeful they will pull it off. HOLD THE PHONE! The Seahawks just scored and the score is tied.
On a slightly less happy note I was not able to get the right side gear leg out of the weldment. Not sure what I am going to try next...
|I had to modify this floor stiffener for the right side weldment and since I was working on the left weldment I decided to do this now.|
|Part of installing the left weldment requires back drilling for these two screws. Turned out just fine.|
|Here is the vent run on the right side. I don't have a picture of the left side but its a mirror of this one.|